Current Forum: Forum > MtgFanatic > Website Updates > Store

Updates to the Store.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

Mtgfanatic.com's Recent News Covering the Past Year
12/12/2015

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Hello,

I apologize for everything people have gone through, no matter how hard I try there has been one issue after another. This last week our site went down for a couple days. Once the site was back up we still had issues on the back end where we could not reach our database, I couldn't really do much of anything till this was fixed. We got the site up and it went down again. This has never happened to us and I have been working like crazy to get it back up and running again.

I'll let you all know what has been happening, hopefully I can restore the faith in some of you guys with our company.

One year ago my partner left me with the company. I tried to sell the majority of our cards asap so I could cover all the debts to customers. I thought things were ok for the most part but I had to take over customer service. I got overwhelmed with the work load that was put on me all at once. I was battling paying people back, putting cards online, answering emails trying to clean up the warehouse and sell off the inventory we don't need so we can relocate.

I didn't know that there were still 2 email account in use for customer service. There was customerservice@mtgfanatic.com and cs@mtgfanatic.com. When I answered emails I was only doing cs@mtgfanatic.com the other email I thought was being sent to my inbox. So for a very long time customers were left unanswered completely by mistake. When the company was left for me to take over that was unfortunately left out. The issue with customer service has been resolved and I am now on top of the emails!

On top of that some people who were placing orders with credit cards were being held as potential fraud due to billing address information not matching their banks records. Due to this some of these orders got on permanent hold until I received emails because they were not marked as paid until the issue was corrected. Customer service wasn't being answered on the second account because even if I got emails I did not know about them.

There have been certain programming issues that need to be resolved one of them has to do with fixing your billing info so your order could be processed. These bug fixes will not be done for some time because I need to find a new programmer unfortunately.

However, Now I know about all these issues and because I know about most everything people have had an issue with I can start to correct these issues immediately. This means customer service should improve massively, orders with billing address issues should also improove and be shipped out and dealt with, communication to customers should improve. I have emailed all customers we owe money to and tried to explain the situation. I can't pay cash for a while, I don't have the funds at the moment, but I am willing to work with you to try and resolve your sales to us the best I can.

Please understand the frustration and headaches I am under as well. I have built this company from the ground up since I was 14 years old. I am 29 now. I have been working with my company for 15 years mostly working 12+ hours a day. We did have 5 employees at one time, however people started stealing inventory and I had to let some go. We used to be one of the very best on the market with amazing reviews all the way until 2012 things were great! When we got into debt with customers it really hurt our reputation and I have fought and fought to keep things on track. I don't have the ability to restart the forumns the way they used to be but I do plan to work on it once the store part of the website gets under control and customers paid.

I appreciate everyone who has stuck in there and tried to help through the years. I'm still working on old customer complaints all over facebook and the internet, etc. We will solve all of them in time, please bear with us and contact customerservice@mtgfanatic.com with any complaints and I will do my best to reach you.

Thanks everyone! If you have any suggestions or anything feel free to leave them.

Jon
Mtgfanatic.com

12/12/2015

mbn451
MTG Fanatic

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
I am a bit confused, does that mean that Chris has left MTG Fanatic then?

Also, I know that you say you are still working on getting the forums back up to speed, does this include the FRP system? It has been broken for a while now. emoticon

12/12/2015

Steve Brewer
Cleric of Chaos

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Expert
Good luck Jon, let me know if there is anything that I can help with!
W SymbolW/B SymbolB SymbolIt is in the darkest of nights that the stars shine their brightest.B SymbolB/W SymbolW Symbol

12/14/2015

jceddy
Alpha Prime H4x0r

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Don't know if this is appropriate, but if there are some programming tasks that one could help with on a spare time basis, I could possibly help out with some of that in exchange for store credit. Not sure about the logistics that would be involved for that.
ITC Mage - 46 successful trades

Spoiler (Click to View)

Trade Binder

Reminders for self...
Spoiler (Click to View)

12/22/2015

Lilpp
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
I know you are still working to resolve some things with the site and everything but is there an ETA on when new stock is coming in? I finally got my payment/store credit after a year and a half wait, and now the inventory looks REALLY slim, just wondering when we could expect to see some increase in cards.

12/23/2015

Xenych
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Please send me a picture of the package shipment receipt they gave you at the post office.Otherwise my post office refuses to search for the lost package.
Order #: 280391

12/23/2015

jmdin83
New User

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Expert
Glad to see things are finally getting back to how they used to be around here. I was one of the people on permanent hold until I got in touch with you through the second email address. (Sent a letter to the first one, waited a week for no reply, but eventually got in touch with you via the Facebook page.)

I hope to see things continue to improve, Jon. Keep it up!

12/25/2015

Dear_Ambellina
Squire

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Jon,

Have you increased the prices excessively across the store in preparation for people exchanging their past due sale orders for Store Credit? For example, I all of a sudden go to look at Choke today and your prices have nearly doubled from what they were last week and are nearly double TCG Low as well as considerably higher than even Star City? Just checked Dark Depths and it was the same way.

Seriously, what the hell man?

12/28/2015

Lilpp
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
I have also seen an increase in pricing across the board, seems to be around a %50 mark up from other sites right now.

12/29/2015

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
We have raised some prices but nothing to do with trading for store credit. A pretty large chunk of people swapped over and used their credit already. I've been working on trying to fill out of stock inventory this week and that's why prices have gone up a bit. I believe 2000 cards out of the 2700 missing ones will be filled in the next couple weeks. many 30 copies of each card some 6-8 for higher dollar stuff. I'm trying my best to bring our selection up as well as working with customers to swap over to credit. I tried to make sure most people used their credit before I changed anything with prices and almost all have done so. If I want to fill stock then we need to raise prices, right nowtheres just too much missing stuff and I'm hoping to fill in the majority of cards

12/29/2015

Dear_Ambellina
Squire

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
I'll be honest. This doesn't make any sense to me. Right now, your prices are so high above market that I can't see anyone possibly buying anything from MtgFanatic. Are you saying you have increased the prices on purpose so that nobody will buy them in order to keep your stock filled, or to locate missing stock? This doesn't make any sense to me. Right now you're in debt thousands to Sellers but have increased your prices across the board to a point that would disable you from selling anything and bringing in cash flow?

Please clarify. Are your prices expected to come back down to normal, and when? I don't mind selling you cards for store credit, but certainly not when I am trading them in to pay twice market value on what I am getting.

1/1/2016

ebjsportscards
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Chris, I have been waiting for an answer from you. Do you still pay cash thru PayPal or store credit for video games ?

1/2/2016

Xenych
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Please send me a picture of the package shipment receipt they gave you at the post office.Otherwise my post office refuses to search for the lost package.
Order #: 280391

1/5/2016

pulsemage
Acolyte

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
jon, you post on here but nothing ever happens. placed an order 2 weeks ago, havent heard a thing, then today i was refunded most of my store credit.....short $3.16.

Order #: 281360

after this issue is resolved i also have 2 outstanding orders from 14 months ago, which were to be paid in paypal. why do i want to convert to store credit for a bonus when you dont send the cards i order anyway? i urge you to check my sales and order history, for YEARS have i been a loyal customer. please work with me on this. thank you again for your time.

1/14/2016

Riot
Mage

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Raising prices to gain more inventory while still owing loyal customers money seems like a bad choice. It appears, from the outside, that the very first thing that needs to be squared away is getting the customers that have already paid their cards or credit back to buy something that is actually IN STOCK at a fair rate. In my humble opinion.

At any rate, I was lucky enough to not have spent money during this downfall. I used to spread the website on all of the local facebook groups and within groups of friends.
I was always a fan, even after that brutal loss of all of the saved decks the website suffered a few years back.
I hope to see you pull out of this hole and get the website back up and running. Your loyal customers will stick around and hopefully spread the good word when and IF things turn around.

Just think of them first because without them, you may as well cut your loses.

I'll hang around the forums and hope for the turn around. Keep ya head up and like a few others said, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks.

2/23/2016

dajusta
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Tried to get an order through but the only payment option was Store Credit?

I don't have store credit.. does that mean I can't purchase anything?

12/1/2016

bargaincrusader
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
A Ponzi scheme at best currently. Stealing from people now to pay people in the past.

12/1/2016

bargaincrusader
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
A Ponzi scheme at best currently. Stealing from people now to pay people in the past.