Current Forum: Forum > MtgFanatic > Website Updates > General News

General News regarding the website.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

A Bunch Of Bug Fixes
5/18/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown

With the last update, there were a number of bugs affecting various areas of the website. I have resolved many of these. The following are a list of bugs that were resolved:

1. Editing Decks Creates a Duplicate Deck

Users were having their decks be duplicated each time they edited an existing deck.

2. Unable to Add Items to Shopping Cart

We had various users inform us that they were unable to add items to their shopping cart. This was due to a caching issue with a javascript file and has been resolved.

3. Draft Simulator Broken

The Draft simulator has been broken since the update due to the new format of cards in our database. I have gone through and thoroughly tested the Draft simulator so it should work ok now. If anyone has any problems with the draft simulator, please let me know. The simulator is quite complex so there may still be some minor issues with the system.

4. Messaging System Broken / Messages Lost

The messaging system was broken since the update because of some changes I made in order to prepare the way for Instant Messaging. I have resolved the bugs and migrated everyone's mail to the new system. I hope to have the instant messaging live in the near future.

5. Forgot Password /Password Rest Broken

The password reset feature was broken and users were unable to reset their password. Attempting to do so would bring the user to an error page. This has been resolved.

6. Unable to Access Profile

There were limited scenarios that prevented users from accessing their profiles, this has been resolved.

7. Slow Performance When Viewing Decks

Opening and viewing decks in our deck database was leading to very slow load times due to improper indexing in our database. I have optimized the database indexes to increase performance.

8. Paypal Payments not Registering On Orders

The link between our website and Paypal's IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system was broken in some circumstances during the checkout process so orders were not being marked as paid. The link has been restored so payments are now posting properly.

9. Users Not Being Completely Logged In At Checkout

Users were not being completely logged in when logging in during the checkout process. This was making it so that users would be presented with a login page after confirming orders. This has been resolved so that you will now go to the appropriate page depending on the method of payment.

If there are any other bugs, please let me know. I am trying to get as many issues resolved as possible to get the website running smoothly again.

5/18/2014

jschro
Jschro Out

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
So far so good.. thanks for working hard on this Chris. One thing I noticed that didn't change back to the way it was pre-update is when I load up "my decks" the first page is the oldest decks I've got. We had it so it showed the most recent ones first. Can you get that back? If I see anything else out of the ordinary I'll let you know.
*ITC -Arch Mage - 69*

Trade Binder

Successful Trades
Spoiler (Click to View)

full art project

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

5/18/2014

jschro
Jschro Out

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Ok, just came across something.. I cashed in my Forum Reward Points, it said "you have purchased.... and ... points have been deducted from you account". I went to place an order, but when I got to the coupon entering page it shows a list of old ones I've used, but not the most current one..and when I looked back at my points they were still there, as if I had not ever cashed them in.
*ITC -Arch Mage - 69*

Trade Binder

Successful Trades
Spoiler (Click to View)

full art project

5/18/2014

jschro
Jschro Out

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
and just now it updated.. it shows I have -9995 points.. I had gone back and tried cashing them in again twice just to make sure I wasn't messing up. I would have been at 6 points after redeeming the ones I cashed in. Sorry for the confusion.
*ITC -Arch Mage - 69*

Trade Binder

Successful Trades
Spoiler (Click to View)

full art project

5/18/2014

Firemane
360 Birds!

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Expert
I'm still unable to get articles posted to the site, Chris. If you know of how you can fix this, I'd really appreciate it happening ASAP!
MTG Lvl 2 Judge and one of your MTGFanatic Moderators! I'm always looking for Birds of Paradise, post on my Profile if you'll trade any!

I play primarily EDH/Commander. My current decks:

And from CW:
Spoiler (Click to View)

5/18/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Quote:
Firemane profile imageOriginally posted by Firemane:
I'm still unable to get articles posted to the site, Chris. If you know of how you can fix this, I'd really appreciate it happening ASAP!

I believe this should be fixed now if you can try it again.

Quote:
jschro profile imageOriginally posted by jschro:
So far so good.. thanks for working hard on this Chris. One thing I noticed that didn't change back to the way it was pre-update is when I load up "my decks" the first page is the oldest decks I've got. We had it so it showed the most recent ones first. Can you get that back? If I see anything else out of the ordinary I'll let you know.

This is fixed as well.

Quote:
Ok, just came across something.. I cashed in my Forum Reward Points, it said "you have purchased.... and ... points have been deducted from you account". I went to place an order, but when I got to the coupon entering page it shows a list of old ones I've used, but not the most current one..and when I looked back at my points they were still there, as if I had not ever cashed them in.

..And this is fixed too...

5/18/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
BTW... Found one more. I wasn't able to press the quote button and have it work. I just uploaded a fix for that as well.

5/18/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Spoiler (Click to View)

5/18/2014

mDeck86
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
hybrid mana button is still broken and I am still experiencing latency though not as bad as it was.
>TRADES< >ITC-MAGE-30<
Spoiler (Click to View)

My Trade Binder last update 2/13

>WANTS< **Priority

CHEAP STUFF:

5/18/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Are there specific pages that seem to load slowly?

5/18/2014

jschro
Jschro Out

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Hmmmm.. just tried to complete my order, it still only lists old gift certificates that I cashed in (assuming they're in a historical list) It seems like I can just click on ANY of them and have it deduct money from my order total. BUT.. I don't want to find out the hard way that the code was bad/used up and then get charged a $100 that I wasn't expecting.. plus I'm not the type of person to be unscrupulous and try to cash in a lot of old reward points certificates.

So, I don't see the new $100 I just cashed in for 5000 points and my new reward points are still at like -9990.
*ITC -Arch Mage - 69*

Trade Binder

Successful Trades
Spoiler (Click to View)

full art project

5/18/2014

mDeck86
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Quote:
 profile imageOriginally posted by :
Are there specific pages that seem to load slowly?

It's not the load time. Actually load time is great and with the amount of images and db calls I commend you that.

The issue seems to be latency in to connecting. I will click on a link and the page will just say "Waiting for connection" for 10-15 seconds. I have tested this on 4 devices under 2 different networks and 3 different browsers. It seems like it maybe server side. Since you made your update, have you rebooted the server? It may be a means to getting things latency straightened out. If that's not the case, you may have a script that is running after load and taking to long to close out.. May be something you want to double check.
>TRADES< >ITC-MAGE-30<
Spoiler (Click to View)

>WANTS< **Priority

CHEAP STUFF:

5/18/2014

mDeck86
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Also, I am getting a certificate error on droid whenever I visit the site.
>TRADES< >ITC-MAGE-30<
Spoiler (Click to View)

>WANTS< **Priority

CHEAP STUFF:

5/18/2014

Obtaurian
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
I'm unable to submit decks. I get an error screen every time. The third failed attempt at re-entering the entire deck was pretty frustrating.
B SymbolG SymbolW Symbol Writer for Gathering Magic. B SymbolG SymbolW Symbol

ITC Pending Member - 0 successful trades.

5/18/2014

Saxican
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Quote:
Hmmmm.. just tried to complete my order, it still only lists old gift certificates that I cashed in (assuming they're in a historical list) It seems like I can just click on ANY of them and have it deduct money from my order total. BUT.. I don't want to find out the hard way that the code was bad/used up and then get charged a $100 that I wasn't expecting.. plus I'm not the type of person to be unscrupulous and try to cash in a lot of old reward points certificates.

So, I don't see the new $100 I just cashed in for 5000 points and my new reward points are still at like -9990.

Yeah this Happened to me, kind of

On my case it seems as though the system doesn't see that you have less than 0 points so when I donated some points it looked like I wasn't doing anything but every time I pushed the button/reloaed the page it kept taking off points, didn't seem to stop at 0
Current Decks:

ITC Acolyte - 7 successful trades:
Spoiler (Click to View)

and here's my Trade Binder.

5/18/2014

moc065
MTG Geezer

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Thanks for all the progress so far.

Lets keep letting Chris whats what and he will continue to make this the best site for MTG.

Woot, so far a lot of stuff got fixed so I am happier than I was on Friday.

Cheers
Check out my MTG decks or my Altered Art cards, or my Abacus Lifes Counters, or my Custom Hand Drawn Playmats.
Proud member of the ITC - Archmage - 300+ Check out my Trade Binder And my most wanted list is inside the spoiler Spoiler
Spoiler (Click to View)

Check out the Deck Commenting Forum Game to help others with their decks, and get some FRP's.
emoticon emoticon CW's Welcome Party Tournament: 1st Place emoticon emoticon

5/18/2014

Vereno
Squire

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
I am also having issues submitting a deck. It keeps sending me to the error screen after I press submit deck
Sarge: There they are! Land right next to them! Grif: Right land... Sarge: You do know how to land this vehicle don't ya? Grif: Sure, that just means stop flying right? Sarge: BRACE FOR IMPACT! Tucker: Oh Sh*t this is going to suck! Caboose: I still have not gotten my peanuts.

5/19/2014

Burkhart
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Beginner
MTG,

Ive been trying to complete a sale to your company buyt i can tget past the address screen. i Have an address in the system but it wont load nor can i resumit my address for processing both ways i reiceve an error screen. please help
Do right by people.

Trades: King Juice, Eric, Dub1sak, Mook, JCeddy, Dragonmaster, Suhgamer(2), Awethentic, Tomahawk, FiniteEternity, Plunk,.

5/19/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
5StarRocky: I am very far behind in email because of the bugs I have been trying to fix since the update to our website. I resolved about 80 emails last night, but I have like 300 left. I will be answering more tonight and tomorrow so I will get to your email as soon as possible.

5/19/2014

Unknown Author
Arch-Mage

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
The deck submission is fixed emoticon

5/19/2014

Steve Brewer
Cleric of Chaos

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Expert
Keep up the good work guys!
W SymbolW/B SymbolB SymbolIt is in the darkest of nights that the stars shine their brightest.B SymbolB/W SymbolW Symbol

5/20/2014

moc065
MTG Geezer

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Lots of good stuff Chris; still having an issue to edit my profile (signature etc) and one thread I had vanished, but that might have been due to the delete things not working correctly earlier and it's no big deal.

Cheers
Check out my MTG decks or my Altered Art cards, or my Abacus Lifes Counters, or my Custom Hand Drawn Playmats.
Proud member of the ITC - Archmage - 300+ Check out my Trade Binder And my most wanted list is inside the spoiler Spoiler
Spoiler (Click to View)

Check out the Deck Commenting Forum Game to help others with their decks, and get some FRP's.

5/20/2014

moc065
MTG Geezer

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Actually I simply can't edit things. Here is the message I get, if it helps.

"An Error was encountered while posting the thread. The thread may not have been posted successfully."

Cheers
Spoiler (Click to View)

5/21/2014

jschro
Jschro Out

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Chris, I tried checking out again.. it still lists all my old coupon codes, but at least now it gives me an error when trying to "apply them" to the order.. says it's no longer in the system or something similar. However, the one I just cashed in on sunday I believe still does not show up and my points are still negative. I realize you've got your plate full, I just wanted to put out a friendly reminder. I'm hoping to order the cards and have them for next week's FNM.
*ITC -Arch Mage - 69*

Trade Binder

Successful Trades
Spoiler (Click to View)

full art project

5/21/2014

moc065
MTG Geezer

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
I hate to be the bearer of bad news; but I found another glitch.

There is no longer any reference to the Frequent Buyer program, and when I started to process another order I noticed that my Frequent Buyer discount no longer shows up. Please let us know if this program is being suspended or if this is another item that will get fixed up in the future.

Cheers, Ken
Spoiler (Click to View)

5/22/2014

Tomahawk
Arch-Mage

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
I always got email confirmation to my email-account outside of mtgfanatic for any PM I got on here before the update. I do not get any email confirmation now. Don't know if that is intended or a glitch, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
1 2 3