Current Forum: Forum > Magic: the Gathering > Magic Work Station > Support

Do you need some advice on trying to get Apprentice working on your computer? Ask other members for help here.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

Magic Workstation
12/30/2007

Shad Mckinley
MTG Fanatic

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Been getting a lot of questions about this on decks so thought i would start a thread for those out there that havent found it. Magic workstation is a virtual desktop that lets you play magic Online or solitaire mode against a mirrored deck for free. If you pay the 20$ you get to play solitaire vs. any other deck you have loaded and support the program.

I got or linked to all the things i needed through mws data.com >> You will need to download

The Program
The Masterbase (all card errata and rules)

And if you want can dl all the pics which take up about 3gig of hard drive if you get high quality ones, and decks which are insignifigant in size.

For those out there that know more than I please list it here, Im still a bit new to it myself.

Im still looking for a link to a really good masterbase that has all the cards. The one i use now is the standard one on workstations site. Its around 14,800 cards but have found ones that have almost 16,000 cards unfortunately they didnt have flip cards i play with like nezumi graverobber so had to go with the smaller one as it at least had all the cards I have in my decks. A link to the best would be appreciated.
Always happy to give advice, just ask on any of my decks and ill try to get back soon. -Will be inactive for a while-

1/31/2008

BigDaddyDre
FFA Beatdown King

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Sorry this isn't a question about Workstation, but I just wanted to let you know that I saw your thief deck on Top Ten and you were asking for cards that would be worth donating. I made what I think to be a good suggestion, the leeches from Invasion. If you don't know what they do, check the posting, I elaborated there.

Thanks
Proud Canadian and Fanatic. I am one of MtGFanatic's moderators.
President of the ITC, Archmage - 250 Trades completed with 105 different members
Trade threads
Dre's Trade Gallery

Trader Reputation
Spoiler (Click to View)

3/11/2008

Shad Mckinley
MTG Fanatic

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
I did see that, thanks for post. Was pumped but when i looked them up they are color specific.

Blue spells you play cost one more Blue to play etc.

If they just said spells you play cost one more blue to play that would definitely be a vicious addition.
Always happy to give advice, just ask on any of my decks and ill try to get back soon. -Will be inactive for a while-