Current Forum: Forum > Magic: the Gathering > Rules Questions

Got a rules question? Ask it here! There are many rules gurus that frequent our forum.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

Does Sacrificing a Creature Count As a Creature Dying?
12/2/2011

Stocum
Acolyte

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
does sacrificing a creature count as a creature dying? sounds like a dumb questioni know but i need to know if goblin grenade and Brimstone volley work together like that.

12/2/2011

Kyle
Arch-Mage

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Yes emoticon
ITC Mage: 27 Trades complete. I ship from Kentucky, USA.
I collect Descendants' Path and will trade for any, including foreign and especially foil.
Trade Binder

12/2/2011

Stocum
Acolyte

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
thank
you

12/2/2011

Tanasko
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Yeah, it's not important in what way did it die... Whether it was sacrifised or killed by a combat damage, it's dead. Discarding of course doesn't count.
*Argonnessen World* Dungeons and Dragons Online

Check my binder

ITC Pending Member - 2 Successful Trades

12/2/2011

Vorinclex
Squire

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
You should put a vorocious dragon in it. It will Devour your goblins and for goblin devoured it will do damage to your opponent.emoticon

12/2/2011

TugaChampion
Knight

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Yes it does. Dying is a creature going from the battlefield to the graveyard. Doesn't matter if you killed it with a Doom Blade, if it died in combat or even if there was a legendary creature in the battlefield and one of the players plays the same creature. However if the creature is exiled with something like Path to Exile, now that isn't dying and it doesn't work for morbid. Usually it won't matter but once in a while it will.

In Innistrad limited Sever the Bloodline and Fiend Hunter don't work for morbid. Moldgraf Monstrosity does work because first it dies going to the graveyard and only after that you exile it.