Current Forum: Forum > Magic: the Gathering > Rules Questions

Got a rules question? Ask it here! There are many rules gurus that frequent our forum.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

Elspeth Tirel, Soldier Tokens Are Human?
Yesterday at 12:56 AM

DirtDog
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
So, I want to build a deck utilizing Champion of the Parish and figured dames like Hero of Bladehold and even Elspeth Tirel would be cool. Soldier tokens would rain down upon my opponent like sword-hail from angry gods... But, Champion of the Parish triggers off of all my HUMANS... Elite Vanguard is human, the Hero of Bladehold, Grand Abolisher...

But what about those Soldier tokens? Are they just... blank... tribeless soldiers? Featureless automatons?

That just wouldn't make too much sense to me...
"I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something..."
-Proud ITC Member-
-Successful Trades-
Spoiler (Click to View)

-Trade Binder-
Spoiler (Click to View)

Yesterday at 2:19 AM

BigDaddyDre
FFA Beatdown King

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Yes, yes they are. If the card states. Put a Soldier token onto the the battlefield, then that is all it is. Nothing more than a 1/1 Soldier. Only those cards printed with Human as the creature type will count towards Champion of the Parish such as those you listed. Sorry, but Magic doesn't make sense sometimes...emoticon.
Cheers
Proud Canadian and Fanatic. I am one of MtGFanatic's moderators.
President of the ITC, Archmage - 250 Trades completed with 105 different members
Trade threads
Dre's Trade Gallery

Trader Reputation
Spoiler (Click to View)

Yesterday at 2:52 AM

BLiNDFATES
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
i think they just do this for ease of print...i mean sure it doesnt make sense to simply have a soilder, but it also wouldnt make sense for them to have to print out token for human soilder, elve soilder, goblin soilder, ect. and thats only under the soilder category...but good question anyhow...i never thought about that before...