Current Forum: Forum > Magic: the Gathering > General Discussion

For discussion of everything to do with Magic that can't fit in any of the other forums.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

Misprint Card Pricing
6/9/2011

Cani_King
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Iv been asking around for a while and have gotten every answer from $1-$100 and would really like to know if its worth keeping back or just another card box deal.

I have a 3rd edition Jandor's Saddlebags that the face of the card is pushed along the right side. I just wanted to know if misprinted MTG cards and worth anything or a commonly occurring thing.

Thanks for the help.
Its all fun and games till someone throws a 25/25 flying your way.

6/9/2011

humantragedy
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Its all in the collector. some may want it, some may not, and you'll get a different price everywhere.

Do you have a scanner or camera? I am mildly interested in it, and seeing what it looks like.
Spoiler (Click to View)

Check out my Dream Crusher. I'll make all your dreams come to life
And slay them as quickly as they came.
Please Comment/Rate for good Karma, and I will return the favor.
Who wants Tournaments W/ Prizes? MTGFanatics DO!
So Great Is His Certainty, That Mere Facts Cannot Shake It..

6/9/2011

Swaggin
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
I have a foil Forced Worship that have a Scars of Mirrodin logo instead the of the new phyrexia one (in the text box)

I'm keeping it because I've been told by a guy at my local shop that one of his client frequently buy those kind of cards

But how much does it worth....good question !
Member of ITC
MyTradeBinder
Completed Trades With
Spoiler (Click to View)

Currently Trading With
Spoiler (Click to View)

6/9/2011

DirtDog
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
From what I understand, the misprints that are guaranteed money are the ones where you can see another card on it... I have an interesting off-center Mana Leak, but it isn't off center enough to bring in any real cash...

This is JUST interesting and cool:

http://www.musclecars.net/parts/parts-images-large/mtg-brainstorm-ice-age-misprint-miscut-error-nm_360349047110.jpg

This is interesting, cool, and worth money:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wQFyFc-y5mo/SrDj9ylp6MI/AAAAAAAAAMs/GqYAumbvhYo/s200/Pyroblast+Brainstorm.jpg
"I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something..."
-Proud ITC Member-
-Successful Trades-
Spoiler (Click to View)

-Trade Binder-
Spoiler (Click to View)

6/9/2011

Raika
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
You could always try eBay. The funny thing about a collectible item like that is that it's literally worthless until someone applies a value to it that they're willing to pay. Then it becomes worth exactly that much. emoticon

Of course, that really does apply to all products and services, doesn't it?
"Hey... it's a semi-free country!" --- Hawkeye, M*A*S*H

6/9/2011

InfinityConcept
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
The problem is EVERYONE knows it's only valuable if you want it to be so...I wish you the best of luck dumping it off and I hope you score big, but....I doubt it. I (personally) don't know anyone that wants any miscuts but there is the entire World (wide web). I've seen this question asked before, regarding miscuts, foreign, and foreign miscuts but usually in the end....Your' lucky to get foils off for face value.

My suggestion is keep it until you find someone looking for them, instead of searching. But hey what do I know, good luck and keep us updated on the sale!
EDH-Staples project, check us out on commandersgathering.com or on our Fanatic_Thread!!

What's on the table....

-=VP of Information: The Integrity Trading Company=-

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

6/9/2011

Phantom
I'm on here to much...

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
To someone that has no idea what mtg is, it's not the cardboard it's printed on.
To someone that plays it has appeal.
But to a collector, or someone that alters cards (wants an easy way out), it's value is higher. But value is hard to pinpoint. It's wroth is what he, or she pays. Nothing else can change that.

Now a double printed big jace have would be held at 1.5-2x value, because how sought after he is already. Foil would crazy in how it's valued.

On a side note Jandor's Saddlebags was only printed in...
Seventh Edition
Fifth Edition
Fourth Edition
Revised Edition[Think you ment this instead of 3rd]
Arabian Nights

6/10/2011

hidden_gibbons
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Seriously - $1-2, $3 if you're lucky. Whoever told you more than that is completely misinformed.

6/15/2011

Cani_King
New User

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
well that would be why i brought it up here lol, and as for the edition, it has no insignia, i looked online and found the closest match so thanks for the correct.
Its all fun and games till someone throws a 25/25 flying your way.