Current Forum: Forum > Magic: the Gathering > Deck Help

Do you need help building a specific deck? Need suggestions? Post your thread here.

Learn how to earn money for posting in our forums by reading: Forum Reward Summary

Post Thread

Multicolor Lands
3/22/2011

Pipnik
Acolyte

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Beginner
Im looking for good lands for a multicolor deck. This is the first multicolor deck I will be constructing. I know there are lands that will create (B) or (R). Are there any kinds of lands that will create multiple types of mana with a single tap?

3/22/2011

EllE
Be polite. Be efficient.

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Unknown
Yeah, the Ranvica bounce lands. Golgari Rotfarm, Izzet Boilerworks etc.
You say multicolor, that is very nonspecific. Is it 3 or 5 colored?

And there is a thread around here somewhere, with a very large list of all colorfixing lands, budget minded even.

3/22/2011

InfinityConcept
Planeswalker

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Advanced
Visual Land Spoiler

There go there and bookmark it, I use that link almost daily.

(i love the mtg fanatic ad right at the top LOL, go go fanatic!)
EDH-Staples project, check us out on commandersgathering.com or on our Fanatic_Thread!!

What's on the table....

-=VP of Information: The Integrity Trading Company=-

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

3/22/2011

Minato
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
there's also artifact's that will give you different colored mana. Mox Opal, Obelisk of Bant and Obelisk of Esper are just a few
Trade Binder

ITC - Mage - 30

3/22/2011

brandon
Knight

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Expert
i love the land spoiler you posted i have been looking for things like that it will help alot of ppl but if you are looking for help with mult colored deck we should know the colors so we could help you futher in the deck build
ITC MEMBER Symbol I T C member

3/22/2011

cnino317
Acolyte

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Another option you might want is a sphere of suns, especially for a proliferate deck, combine it with something like mirran spies, or something that allows you to untap artifacts, then you could do two colors in one turn, etc. I still love sphere of suns, and always have one or two in my deck at all times. If you dont mind playing out of standard, another good land card is Vivid Grove I do believe. It is like sphere of suns with no mana cost since it is a land card. Just a few ideas and hope this helps!
- SKITZ -

3/23/2011

cnino317
Acolyte

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
Hey, another great artifact for early in game is prophetic prism. It basically turns any mana you want into a different mana like another land. Four of these in your deck may be just what you need to fix the multicolored land problem, or definitely so mox opals.
- SKITZ -

3/24/2011

Pipnik
Acolyte

No Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Beginner
Thanks for all the info guys. Might be time to pick up some multicolors. One more question though. Whats with snow covered lands? Any significance?

3/28/2011

superservo
Acolyte

Profile Image
Threads Started:
Forum Posts:
Skill Level:
Intermediate
well C-Man, here is a bunch of questions you should ask yourself:

What cards do you want to run?
What colors are they?
Is there any lands out there that combo directly with what I'm trying to do?
Am I wearing panties?
How many of each color of cards am I running?
How many cards are in my deck?

And then you should come across some answers about what your needs are for special land types. But dont look at me for those answers or suggestions, because not only have I not played in like 8 years, but I also dont know what you are running yet. =) Hope this helps!

edit**As for snow-covered lands, back, back, back in the old days of Ice Age, there were creatures with Snow-Covered (insert land)walk, and maybe other Snow-Covered abilities?